The Mordor Mule
1.5 measures ‘42 Below’ Vodka
½ measure Lime Juice
¼ measure Agave Nectar
1 whole Kiwi (skinned & chopped into chunks)
Top up Ginger Beer/Ale
1) In a mixing tin muddle the Kiwi chunks, lime juice and sugar syrup.
2) Add the vodka and fill with ice.
3) Shake and strain into an ice filled Collins glass
4) Top up with ginger beer/ale
5) Garnish with a Kiwi wheel (leave skin on this one).
This Middle Earth (New Zealand) themed Mule is something a little different. It combines one of the best vodkas in the world (from NZ of course) with a New Zealand Kiwi fruit and then using the ginger beer/ale as a top up. This cocktail, as a result, is extremely refreshing and crisp and great for those summer evenings when you want something a little different.
Again the room for tweaking lies with the fruit. There are several other edible species of Kiwi fruit available that are different to the commercial one we are all accustomed to. If you want to try them, and they’re available in your country, start here; on the Wikipedia site and have a search around.
Oh and not to mention this is one of my very own recipes so please let me know how it goes down!
Source: The Fervent Shaker