Fried Olives typically from the Ascoli area are pitted, stuffed with minced meat, breaded and deep fried.
But not only minced beef, savoury cheeses or prosciutto can also be used for the filling.
This appetizer is one of the most representative of Italian culinary tradition and it will surely be a hit with your friends.
• 2,2 lbs (1 kg) of soft tender olives from Ascoli
• 1 oz (30 g) of the soft, inner part of bread
• ¾ cup (80 g) of grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 egg / the grated zest of ½ lemon
• (A pinch of) nutmeg / (a pinch of) clove powder
• About a cup (200-250 ml) of white wine
• Salt / a small stalk of celery
• A small carrot / ½ onion • 3,5 oz (100 g) of chicken breast
• 3,5 oz (100 g) of beef meat
• 3,5 oz (100 g) of pork meat
For breading and frying, we’ll have:
• breadcrumbs / 2 eggs / some flour
• 2 cups (½ l) of extra virgin olive oil
Right click on the video for the link and full text.